Out of an abundance of caution for our members, OASCD has postponed its Fall Conference featuring Mike Mattos. We look forward to posting news of our Spring Conference soon.
Thank you for your continued support of our mission to ‘Developing Educational Leadership to Promote Excellence in Student Learning’.
OASCD Executive Board
ASCD launches the first inaugural Affiliate Appreciation Month (AAM) on February 1, 2016. Throughout the month, we will be highlighting the work and support provided by you, our ASCD Affiliates, to educators locally. In order to spread the word about AAM, we have partnered with affiliates and with internal staff to highlight the extraordinary work you do.
In this message you will find resources to market AAM to your local educators including:
- An Affiliate Appreciation Month logo for your website
- ASCD membership discount for you to disseminate to potential members; we’ve included tips on how to leverage this discount (see attached).
- Video messaging from Deb Delisle and Ronn Nozoe that invites potential affiliate members to join.
- A special message from Deb and Ronn to affiliate leadership; follow this link to view the videos in Dropbox (http://bit.ly/20k1czQ)
Still to come for your use:
- A half page ad in Educational Leadership Magazine
- A blogging and social media campaign to promote ASCD Affiliate Appreciation Month.
- ASCD messaging about Affiliate Appreciation Month that affiliates can rebroadcast to their members.
There will also be events going on throughout the month at headquarters and on the ASCD website. Here are a couple of the highlights:
- An informational webinar led by affiliates to educate ASCD staff on affiliate work.
- Blog posts authored by affiliate leaders that highlight the essential work that affiliates are conducting in their regions.
- An open house at headquarters, at which ASCD affiliates in the region will participate alongside ASCD staff to visit, ask questions, and learn firsthand from affiliate leaders how ASCD and its affiliates work to together to accomplish their important work.
Throughout the month of February please include the hashtag #ASCDAffiliates in your communication. We created the hashtag to help promote the activities of our affiliates….let the world know what you’re doing locally!
ASCD is committed to engaging a diverse community and building capacity to improve learning, teaching, and leadership. Please see the following link for information on an exciting program to build capacity in younger and emerging leaders.
Also, we’re also providing a the Emerging Leaders Yearbook for 2015:
ASCD has published the 2015 Whole Child Snapshot. The link below provides the Oklahoma specific infographic
Whole Child Snapshot – PDF
“By Walter McKenzie Recently, 200 outstanding educators came together in Washington, D.C., to take part in ASCD’s 8th annual Leader to Leader (L2L) conference. Attended by leaders of ASCD’s affiliates, connected communities, professional interest communities, student chapters, and Emerging Leaders program, the conference focused on growth mindset…..”
Click here for full article
OASCD was pleased to host Mark McLeod on March 6, 2014. Click here to download conference handouts in PDF.
OASCD is pleased to host some fabulous and renowned speakers for upcoming conferences.
|Lori Oczkuz||November 6, 2014|
|Rick Wormeli||March 5, 2015|
|Cris Tovani||November 3, 2015|